• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlackJoker

Get Display name(s) via DirectX 11

This topic is 2121 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am trying to find display names from the DXGI_OUTPUT_DESC desc structure, but desc.DeviceName return only Display1, Display2.

How to get real display name of current output?

Advertisement

You can try using the HMONITOR handle with GetMonitorInfo in order to get more information about the display.

MonitorInfo structure does not contain any info about display name - only resolution of display.

Edited by BlackJoker

What kind of name do you wish to obtain?

You can often retrieve the model manufacturer/name of a display, though at other times it is only referred to as "Generic PnPMonitor" or something like that.

If you check the Device Manager in Windows the name under Monitors there can probably be retrieved.

GetPhysicalMonitorsFromHMONITOR and the szPhysicalMonitorDescription returned should contain this name.

I want to get real display names + model like Samsung 940n and so on.

You right - Generic PnPMonitor display in device manager, but in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution I can see real manufacturer name and model.

So, I want to get these names via C++. Is there any function that can return these names?

Update: actually, GetPhysicalMonitorsFromHMONITOR function helped. Not to receive "Generic PnPMonitor", you need to update display driver.

Edited by BlackJoker

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!