PUTT Updates and Finals Thread

Started by
94 comments, last by ml_ 10 years, 5 months ago
[attachment=18474:WIN.JPG]

What you work so hard for!

Advertisement

I'm completely lost when it comes to how i want to implement the powerups. So in the meantime, i'm working on the save/load functionality. Let's see if i can post an updated video later today.

Edit: Save/load done! Well back to square one. Still clueless concerning powerups :p

Omg, zombie! Zomgbie.
Don't overthink it. KISS method, bro.

Speeding/slowing the ball or paddles involves time.

;) that should get you started on one or two.

Thanks for the tips! I know exactly what i want the powerups to be, i just don't know how i want to add them to the gameplay. Like for example, at a random interval a little box spawns on the gamefield, the player that hits it with the ball activates the powerup. But this just feels bland and boring to me. I want something a little more exciting! ^^ But we'll see, i'm not the brightest when it comes to ideas...

Omg, zombie! Zomgbie.

Here is my first pass:

Each player has to use their puck to save the bricks behind them from getting taken out by the ball or some other power up from their opponent. First player to lose all their bricks losses the round.

pongmania.png

Damn... that's a good spin on it. I like that. Well thought out.

A small clip showing my buggy gameplay.

Basic controls are finished, a primitive (we're talking pre-dating cavemen "primitive") ai for the paddle... some obviously flawed collision detection and equally flawed physics.

Go me!

I can't download the clip, post screenshots instead :)

attachicon.gifwinter-pong1.jpg

Finally I figured out where the hidden button to attach a screenshot is.tongue.png

OriginallyI had planned the background to be used only for the menus, but I like how it looks ingame and am not sure about making another?

Nice winter theme! The blue number in the upper right corner is a bit hard to read. Perhaps photoshopping in some more snow there could help?

Thanks for the tips! I know exactly what i want the powerups to be, i just don't know how i want to add them to the gameplay. Like for example, at a random interval a little box spawns on the gamefield, the player that hits it with the ball activates the powerup. But this just feels bland and boring to me. I want something a little more exciting! ^^ But we'll see, i'm not the brightest when it comes to ideas...

I ended up applying two powerups by players purchasing them with score-points. I also have a lot of moving rectangles that can apply them. A third option is to apply them at different timed events: lets say you have a timer and when its 10 seconds left you add more speed or make the ball smaller or something.

attachicon.gifwinter-pong1.jpg
Finally I figured out where the hidden button to attach a screenshot is.tongue.png
OriginallyI had planned the background to be used only for the menus, but I like how it looks ingame and am not sure about making another?

Nice winter theme! The blue number in the upper right corner is a bit hard to read. Perhaps photoshopping in some more snow there could help?

Thank you for the feedback.
Did you click the picture to view it full size? Its jpg encoded and then the forum reduces the size to half when viewed inline.

One of my friends offered to help out with the graphics, but she doesn't have a GDNet account. Would it be ok if I just include her in the credits?

I want to post my game tomorrow but I want to know if this meets the time requirement: if a players brick gets hit behinde them they get frozzen for a time penelty and cant move
which give the other player time to kick ass at breakout. What do you think?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement