int resolt=0;
    for (int i=0; i<10; ++i)
    {
resolt += durr;
    }
            }
            return resolt;
                }

This is the best thing since hungarian notation!

As you can see it highlights the algorithms and hides the completely useless structural code.

No nobody has probably ever used this and i just made it up.

o3o

Advertisement

Woah, that is incredibly difficult to scan. I am tempted to write a script to align source code to "Yiddish" reverse indentation and run it on a teammate's projects folder.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

This is one of my favourites, mainly because it's totally possible to see someone coming out with it as a valid reason for justifying an annoying indentation style.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Oi, I'm Yiddish! No, I'm kidding, but surprisingly I don't find it too hard to read at all.

Only downside I see is that you have to know how many scopes you'll have inside a function before you start writing it. Or, you must re-indent the whole function all the time. That'd be a nightmare to use with a revision control system, which typically diffs and highlights all changed lines.

Indentation schmindentation. *shrugs*

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
It does look funny. But let's look at it from the other point of view. I wonder how easy it is for people used to right-to-left writing to read and write source code in "established" style, which is left-to-right and as far as I encountered mainly English (language keywords, identifiers). Could someone using right-to-left languages please comment on that ?

(To take it further: Imagine a world where all programming languages are written in Kanji or something wink.png )

?ykcirt etiuq ylbaborP

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

It does look funny. But let's look at it from the other point of view. I wonder how easy it is for people used to right-to-left writing to read and write source code in "established" style, which is left-to-right and as far as I encountered mainly English (language keywords, identifiers). Could someone using right-to-left languages please comment on that ?

(To take it further: Imagine a world where all programming languages are written in Kanji or something wink.png )

I'd be interested in the answer to that as well. Especially considering that some languages are adding unicode support, which means that suddenly there might be changes in direction because an identifier is in a right to left script (which can then also affect punctuation characters surrounding it!). Yikes.

?ykcirt etiuq ylbaborP

??u??? ????? no? s? ?????? s? ?ou

I'd be interested in the answer to that as well. Especially considering that some languages are adding unicode support, which means that suddenly there might be changes in direction because an identifier is in a right to left script (which can then also affect punctuation characters surrounding it!). Yikes.

Yikes indeed: Multicultural programming

foreach(var ??? in ??????)

Preemptive apology. I just used Google translate, so I hope I did not Insult anybody's mother here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement