Getting a sample of a game source code

Started by
1 comment, last by conq 10 years, 6 months ago

I'm a Huge X-com fan. I love the new version almost as much as the original.

I have been designing a similar concept game. not a clone, something original. but i'm kind of stuck on the tactical side of the game. I want to be able to see the source code of the landing missions and see what i'm doing wrong.

Where can i get a copy of the source code for the tactical combat?

Advertisement

I'm a Huge X-com fan.  I love the new version  almost as much as the original. 

I have been designing a similar concept game.  not a clone,  something original.  but i'm  kind of stuck on the tactical side of the  game.  I want to be able to    see the source code of the  landing missions and see what i'm doing wrong.  

Where can i get a copy of the source code for the  tactical combat?

Firaxis has the code for the new X-com game, they're not very likely to share it unless you have tons of money to throw at them though.

There are however some similar games released under various opensource licenses. UFO Alien Invasion for example. (Just remember that it is licensed under the GPL so if you use their code or base your own code on theirs your project cannot be released under an incompatible license)
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

PM me exactly what you're having problems with, or just a skype contact or something. At work now, so I won't be able to respond on anything other than email/Gamedev.net pm.

I can't give you exact source code, but I can check your logic/process.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement