Sign in to follow this  
Poigahn

C++ Libraries - Where to find a list ?

Poigahn    598

As I am transfering from a language that seems to encompass most everything I was coding, and moving more into learning C++, with the aide of several books, I find that they are lacking alot of imformation.

1 A certain piece of information is how many Libraries are there to C++ ?  Seems to be missing !!

2 Where can I find a list of these #include <thisifyouwanttodothat> and what those libraries do?

pinebanana    479

The first place to start is the Standard C++ Library, sometimes (erroneously) referred to as the STL*. This contains lots of libraries relating to containers (lists, arrays, vectors, etc), strings (not a part of the language, but a library) and various other stuff (input/output streams, algorithms, etc).

+1 for linking to en.cppreference instead of cplusplus.com. @OP Don't use cplusplus.com for a reference on the standard library (for one, it's not official documentation).

Also, OP, if you're looking for a particular library for C++ that does something the standard library (or even boost) doesn't offer, e.g. a rendering library, then google it. Google is your friend, you could also try to look on GitHub or BitBucket if you can't find it on google or another search engine.

Poigahn    598

I Thank each of you for your input.  I found The Information referenced and was able to find several answers to my questions at these locations.

There was several items That I was looking for but was looking in the wrong catagories.  Several post by others whom were searching for the same answers to the same questions I had,   accelerated my search!

Your feedback and quick responses is the main reason I joined this Forum.  Keep up the good work!!

I will do my best to give back as much, if not more, help to others.