Amethyst Gear Looking for developers.

Started by
0 comments, last by JTippetts 10 years, 6 months ago

Hello Gamedev. net Community!

The name is Chris, and I am 23 years old. Currently am in my first year of college. I am enrolling in school for game design and have made small projects in the past with Dark Basic, and Rpg Maker. Nothing huge or to brag about but I understand some of what is needed to complete a game. I also edit video, and write screenplays.

Moving past the introductions, I am in the process of initial creation of my open world RPG titled " Amethyst Gear".

I am looking for:

1-3 Developers with fresh Ideas, concepts, and story suggestions.

Must be able to work within small to large group dynamics.

As this is initial development. The main role to be filled first is to bring more developers with fresh ideas on-board.

Responsibilities: Help design: Weapons, Skills, scenarios, monsters. Back story etc.

Pasted below is the main chunk of My story. If you like it and are intrested please PM me here. or Email me at cmyers821@gmail.com

***STORY***
Galactic year X187
It has been 187 years since Last Exodus - To maintain the survival of the human race
a total of 15 "ARCs" (Armored Refuge Colonies) launched into the vast abyss in hopes of finding
livable conditions. Not all the ARCs were able to make it outside of the Sun's explosive waves, The
fleet was reduced to a total of 7. In order to maximize the potential of finding life in a new solar
system the fleet spread out to cover maximum ground.
One of the vessels, the ARC Named "The Aquarion" was exploring a remote quadrant for
any signs of life. It was there they found the planet "Nova" One that somewhat resembled Terra/Earth.
What came next was unexpected! THE MAGNETIC FIELD OF PLANET NOVA COMPLETELY
shut down the electrical system causing the ARC to crash into the planet. The Aquarion
was primarily a civilian vessel. No one or nothing truely important resided on it.
Maybe it was coincidence, or fate? But this planet was exactly what they were looking for.
The part they were not prepared for however is that on this planet the EM field opperated at
a diffrent frequency from most other places in the universe. Stranded, alone, and unable to
call their fleet for help. The Terrans were forced to turn to the straange nature of this foreign
planet for survival. A planet where depending on the angles and positions of their twin suns
$$$$ and $$$$$, the sky is set a blaze with magnificent ever changing gues of color.
Strange vegitation the size of small buildings, and monsters even larger.
THEY SOON LEARNED THEY WERE NOT ALONE ON THIS STRANGE WORLD....
The distant travelers soon encounterd the Anjero, a species whose perception, intellect made up for
their lack of height. The Anjero extended a hand in friendship to the Terrans. As the years past the Anjero
helped the Terrans adjust to life on Nova. Not to soon after the Kodian army started a crusade in an
attempt to purge Nova in the name of the Void. The Anjero were heavily out numbered, but with the help
of the Terrans, they were able to manufactuer steam powered firearms. Combining firearms,
and the Terrans high knowledge of tactical combat they made quick work of the enemy threat.
The victory however did not come without consequence. In order to fund the war effort the steam
weapons were sold to the "independent intrest". 70 years have now past since the Terrans
first arrived on Nova, and in the small amount of time there, the technology they brought has almost destroyed
the planet.
In order to protect Nova from another great catastrophy "N.I.C" (Novian. International. Counsilite) or the Counsel for
short were started to promote peace. For now things are stable, economies are recovering, and some are begining to forget, and
live in harmony. But peace never last long? Does it?
***RACES***
**TERRAN** Galatic Refugees who are stuck on Nova.
**Unari (Uu- nar- e) ** Giant yeti type creatures who inherit the artic and forests of Nova.
**Ig'Nir (Ig-Near)** Dragon creatures who live in the skylands. *are not fond of dark arts
**Ry'kwin (Rye-k-win)** Small Owl like creatures that dwell in mountains.
**Koda MEDIUM** Descendents of the Ig'Nir, They fell from the skylands when
the "Dark star" crashed through one of the major islands. The
survivors were banished. After time they lost their wings and adapted
to the climate.
**Anjyri (Aan- Yeah- re ) ** Fox people of the forests, plains , mountains and desert. -roma/hispanic culture refrences
Not native to the plains, but use their influence with the Terrans to operate safely.
Even though they are the "richest" race on the planet, they also have largest gap in
income. The lower classes love the planet and fight to protect it, the aristocracy
just use the planet for its resources. * Future Anjyrian civil war?
Euni (Uni) -Bison Gentle giant bisons from the plains.
Qn (ken) -African wild dogs of the plains, friends of the Eeuni
***ROUGH PLOT***
Gameplay will take the form of Episodes similiar to "Breath of Fire's" chapters. Each episode will come with quests that expand the story line.
And the world.
Episode 0 : DISCORD
Nova. X1620
In this patch all the world is nuetral. It has been 20 years since the last great war was fought, and the council was established in order to ensure
peace and harmony. However resources are a hot topic.
- Oppression of lower class rising in Anjyrian territory
-Ry'kwin head of The Nova alliance appointed the Lyo the magistrate to uphold its orders.
- Play on not enough resources
-Quests need to show off the world repairing after the war, and the unrest that is growing.
- Terran displacement. Have a few cities but mostly refugees
-Basir. an Anjyri Astral Slinger is The "High Judge" of the Magistrate. *
-Learn of secret plot by the Anjero. They just want the technology. They don't care about the terrans.
-Mostly He say she say.
-STILL TENSION BETWEEN ANJERO AND THE KODA. LONG STANDING RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS
-Anjyri civil war brewing, counsil refuses to take action.
-Recieve orders to quell
Episode 1 : NEW DAWN
-Anjyri civil war is in full swing.
-Rebellion is being crushed.
-A mysterious masked figure known as Sol appears and turns the tide of battle
-Local Leader of the Anjyri is assassinated. Mystery
-Sol claims responsibilty and starts the "New Dawn"
- The civil war ends
-Is declared a wanted fugitive by the counsil.
-Sends Basir to ensure that Sol's actions don't get out of hand
EPISODE 2 : CALAMITY
-Claims the counsil is weak and frail and disgraces their name. And the name of Basir the Anjyri High Judge for not taking action
to protect his own people.
-Basir challenges him to a duel.
-Sol defeats Basir. Basir dies in explosion.
-New Dawn declares war on the council for freedom and justice.
-Take a side. "New Dawn", "Council", or "Neutral"
-Sol plans to open gates on the Tri-Lunar eclipse to realease astral beasts to fight for him
-It pereminatly throws open the gate.
EPISODE 3 DARK PRELUDE.
-MEANWHILE... THE SECRET IG'NIR WORSHIPERS OF the dark godess of Chaos Verna Vi Vermila, who have infiltrated a core section of the church
have convinced adventurers to destroy 99 soul stones all over Nova. Once the last soul stone is destroyed the episode will end. And the *VYERNA GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION .
church will reward those who found and destroyed these stones.
- Too many astral beasts start to get through the gates.
EPISODE 4 CHAOS IN THE ABYSS
*RACE QUEST* THE CHURCH HAS ANOTHER MISSION TO ALL THE ADVENTURERS OF NOVA. FIND THE "HERETIC" IG'NIR
WOMAN AND BRING HER TO THE CHURCH TO ANSWER FOR HER CRIMES. FIRST ONE TO FIND HER GETS REWARD. ONCE SHE
IS FOUND AND TURNED IN, THE CHURCH PERFORMS SOME DARK RITUAL ON HER. APPERENTLY SHE WAS THE VESSEL THAT
HOUSED VYERNA'S SOUL, TO BIND HER. WITH THE VESSEL DESTROYED VYERNA IS FREE TO WALK ONCE MORE.
IRONICALLY SHE HAS BEEN ON NOVA FOR ABOUT 2,100 YEARS. SEALED IN WHAT AS KNOWN AS THE "DARK STAR"
-Once she is defeated in her giant form she sheds off her outer shell and emerges a radiant beautiful woman imbuned with dark
energy.
-She then goes into hiding and works her

Advertisement

Please use the classifieds for recruitment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement