Sign in to follow this  

Networking bug in sdlquake?

This topic is 1555 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks,

I'm trying to debug an issue with SDL quake. When trying to connect to a quake server over tcp/ip, I enter the ip address then press enter. The machine hangs, and I am unable to exit, change ttys, or run commands while connected via ssh. I ran strace to see what was going on, and here is the last output:

getsockname(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(2049), sin_addr=inet_addr("0.0.0.0")}, [16]) = 0  
setsockopt(5, SOL_SOCKET, SO_BROADCAST, [1], 4) = 0  
sendto(5, "\200\0\0\f\2QUAKE\0\3", 12, 0, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(26000), sin_addr=inet_addr("255.255.255.255")}, 16) = 12 
recvfrom(5,

And then the system hangs. SDLquake runs great besides that. Running svgalib as the video driver.

Running Debian 4.0. (I know, I know. It's old. Quake 1 is old too.)

Using sdl quake source found here: http://www.libsdl.org/projects/quake/

Thanks Peter, I'll try exploring that and see if I can reproduce the issue in a piece of test code.

I noticed the following issue as well: when I try to start a server:

kerry@debian:~$ sudo netstat -ltpn
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name   
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     1727/portmap        
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:113             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     1925/inetd          
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     2162/sshd 

Not seeing anything listening on 26000, the port used for Quake. It also shows my ip as 127.0.1.1, when it should be 192.168.196.152 in this case.

I can certainly dive into the source and see exactly how it is trying to get the local ip address. Thanks!

Also, I was incorrect about the system locking up. If I am sshd into my machine, I can issue a regular kill to the sdlquake process and have it exit as expected.

This topic is 1555 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.