• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Migi0027

Render Targets and Blend States

This topic is 2108 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys! 

Is it possible to have different blend states with the different render targets bound?

Thanks.

-MIGI0027

Advertisement

Ahh, just what I needed.

You know, I've always wondered what those render targets meant when creating a blend state, until now. biggrin.png

Thank you.

Edited by Migi0027

Update: I wrote the previous post not from home where I couldn't test it. I knew I missed something:

D3D11: ERROR: ID3D11Device::CreateBlendState: DestBlend[ 1 ] does not equal DestBlend[ 0 ] and D3D10.1 hardware is not supported. When GetFeatureLevel returns D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_0 or less, any enabled render target blending must use the same blending configuration. [ STATE_CREATION ERROR #213: CREATEBLENDSTATE_INVALIDDESTBLEND ]

Yep, independant blending is is only available for feature level 10.1 or higher.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!