• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chilun

How to use Textout to output variable value in C++

This topic is 2107 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all;

I'm looking for help on how to output some text to my window using the built-in 'TextOut' function in VS2010.

I've read a few examples on how to feed hdc and hwnd into another variable before then feeding that variable to TextOut - write to screen. I've tried to test this in a test cpp file, but I'm unable to get this working. Can someone help me out with a basic example on how to do this using TextOut as opposed to using functions from an imported library such as GLUT? I'm new to C++ graphics programming so please bear with me.

Thank you and I look forward to any responses.

Chilun 

Advertisement

I've tried to test this in a test cpp file, but I'm unable to get this working.

Can you post your code?

Can someone help me out with a basic example on how to do this using TextOut as opposed to using functions from an imported library such as GLUT?

I'm not a Win32 programmer, but I'm not sure if the normal Win32 functions will play nicely with an OpenGL rendering context. Some light googling appears to confirm this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!