Minotaurs & Unicorns (old-school RPG)

Started by
19 comments, last by Acharis 10 years, 6 months ago

Some parts of the interface makes it playable on tablets (big arrow buttons and such) but other controls are too small (like scrollbuttons in the menu). Do you have plans on porting it to a touch interface?

And smartphones (yes big buttons sucking up screen space is a given for such games) The coarse (retro) graphics is not bad (I worry about games that try to be too detailed and require holding a smartphone 6 inches from your face to enable seeing details -- and the poor posture/strain that can cause)

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact
Advertisement

Homepage (temporary) http://www.silverlemur.com/minotaursandunicorns/

Any quick improvements you can think of (note it's just for now, so I don't want to spend the time to polish the website, just say if it's OK)?

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Homepage (temporary) http://www.silverlemur.com/minotaursandunicorns/
Any quick improvements you can think of (note it's just for now, so I don't want to spend the time to polish the website, just say if it's OK)?

I'm not a website designer, but you will get critiques from other people, and on various things. Most people for some reason don't like black websites. Also, the amount of information on the page could be a lot better. Or rather, you could leave the page the same and have a link directing them to more information.

Hope this helps. And this is only my observation - the opinions of this community may be different.

Cool website. Like the About me Comment ;)

I did not see an "About me" comment. Maybe the website doesn't work correctly on my iPad 4. -If there is more than just the main page of information, he can disregard my comment about needing more information.

I also dont see much text and the only link is for the download. What I like is that the natural old school screen color is used for the website about an old school game and not overly bright white, like so many supposedly modern people do, who either go with the trend or think a device sending out light was the same as an object absorbing light.

I did not see an "About me" comment. Maybe the website doesn't work correctly on my iPad 4. -If there is more than just the main page of information, he can disregard my comment about needing more information.

He modified the URL and went to the root :) You can't see it normally from the link I gave.

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

I need an advice. About the menu (load/save/options).

Right now, you click menu and you are brought to the main menu with a full screen and separate music. I think it might be annoying since usually you want just load/save? So, maybe I should make some sort of "mini menu", like a box popping up inside the game with "resume/load/save/options/back to main menu"?

I don't know... I have hard time deciding on this. What you recommend?

Forcing the player to go back to the main menu in order to save? Bad idea in my opinion. A little pop-up with the "resume/load/save/options/back to main menu" is way better.

From the screen, it really fells old-school and pretty good, and I have only one feed-back :

- The main window seems a little bit confusing, the monster are too big.

Other than that I can only wish you good luck :)

More about the menu.

Assuming there is a mini menu (popup) "resume/load/save/options/back to main menu" and the main menu (full scree with music). What to put on the main menu?

Should there be resume and save? Or these should be available via the mini menu only? If there is an unsaved game should there be a warning when you try to go from the mini menu to the main menu? SHould going to the main menu "close" the game session in progress?

Also, a technical note. I have a very peculiar data storage system, the game is saved as it goes (entering a new location saves the old one in the temporary game folder). The Save function simply saves the current location(exits it) and saves global data (party, equipment, quests) then it copies the temporary game folder to the save folder. So technicly, after quiting and running the game again you would be able to resume it even if you have not saved (althrough you will be moved "one location back"). I'm not sure if I should disable this and force load after running the game again (to avoid confusion) or to keep this "side effect"...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement