Transfer (Trade) System?

Started by
5 comments, last by cardinal 10 years, 6 months ago

Transfer (Trade) System is about adding players(when come to buying player) and also removing Player(when come to selling the players)

So am I right that I should learn C++ Data Structures and Algorithms for management games or it is just C++ Data Structures?

Advertisement

Kind of like asking if you should learn pedalling or staying upright when riding a bike. Data structures aren't useful without algorithms (I suspect the data structures course will give you algorithms to use with the data structures though).

A trade is just a compound operation anyway: acquire player X from team A and release player Y and give it to team A.

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

Thanks smile.png

What book or website that I could learn in C++ Data Structures and Algorithms that you recommend

cheers

google would be the first website I would try.

If you are doing a sports management game with a lot of players you are probably going to want to use a database anyway, so learn some database stuff (e.g. SQL queries).

"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley

Learn about the standard library containers,

Specifically, look for a tutorial on "STL maps" to get started.

Then learn about the rest of stl.

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

SQL queries?

C++ STL?

Thanks guys, I will learn those(Yes, it does take time to learn them) and I hoping to make Premier League Football Manager(Just one League only for starter) then take it from there and see how goessmile.png

For a premiership manager game you will definitely want to use a relational database (SQL). Learn proper relational database design, and SQL queries. You will run queries on the database to change the team association of the player.

I would estimate there are at least 600 players in the premiership including reserve players, although that might be high. You could store that data with other data structures, but in my opinion storing the data and the actions you'd need to perform on all of this data would be easiest through a database.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement