Sign in to follow this  

Help Creating my first Game with DirectDraw or DirectX9?

This topic is 1521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey, my problem is that i have to create a small 2D game using DirectX and i can't seem to find any decent tutorials out there, i am relatively new to programming and its as exciting as much as it is frustrating..

i wanna take this step by step so first things first, i want to open a window, initialise DirectX and draw a background, are there any tried and tested tutorials out there that you would recommend to me? unsure.png

might be worth mentioning that i have taken a look at http://zophusx.byethost11.com/tutorial.php?lan=dx9&num=0 and im getting some good explainations form this site and im about to check out http://www.directxtutorial.com/.

i'll take any and all constructive advice, no answer too small rolleyes.gif

yeah sure, im completing a home study course in c++ for game programming, and i am now about to try and complete my first portfolio project.

A 10-15 page TDD,but if im honest i don't think i have the knowledge to try and complete such a thing to the spec they require,

so i decided i should try and write a simple.. very simple 2D game using directX, to give me some proper understanding of things like, memory requirement, controls, logic, input.... etc  all the previous examples / tasks within the manuals/ lessons have been in DirectDraw and i know the next years worth of lessons is going to be in DirectX9, so i thought it would be a wise choice to learn this now to gain a small advantage on next year.

This topic is 1521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.