Sign in to follow this  

Directx11 animations

This topic is 1510 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I've searched everywhere on the internet but I couldn't find a neat answer...

How do I animate a mesh with Directx 11???

I'm using assimp to load my mesh (which has but a single animation in it)

I (think to?) understand the principles of animation.... 

So if i got this right every vertex is bind to one or more bones via bone ID: and i should multiply it with its specific animation matrix in the shader...

my problem is: how do I get the animation matrices (relative to time) from aiScene?

can anyone help? (a good read would be nice too, if anyone knows a book that does this with C++ and directX 11)

or maybe do you know some examples I can look to?

this look very good.... and it probably is since it's Luna's....

but this uses d3d 9 and its deprecated structures...... I would like to learn to do it without them... (also for compatibility) that why i choose assimp...

this look very good.... and it probably is since it's Luna's....

but this uses d3d 9 and its deprecated structures...... I would like to learn to do it without them... (also for compatibility) that why i choose assimp...

I never use DX9 myself. This article is perfectly compatible with DX11, once you got all of the concepts described in it. I highly recommend you to read it =)

What kind of animation are you trying to do. Vertex Animation, or Skeletal. 3D Animation is beyond the scope of DirectX or any API. Once you understand the concept, you should be able to implement it in any api.

This topic is 1510 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.