Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

Started by
87 comments, last by CGameProgrammer 10 years, 3 months ago

I miss the black theme too... too bad we can't switch between this one and a black one. Black is easier on the eyes imo. Btw, why is every freaking sites whites nowadays???

Advertisement
davepermen

Member Since 31 Mar 2000

i was around here. but i missed most the fun :(

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I registered my nickname in 2003. Haven't posted in ages, though.

I've noticed that this forum doesn't get quite as many posts per day as it did back then. Kind of strange. You can now see threads last posted to a week ago on the first page of the Lounge.

I am reletively new on this forum (about 4 months or so),

and can only say abou today state - I could say that today

I do not feel any geek climate or something like that here,

it is all very neutral here

as to number of post for me it is too big to read most of them

it is even to big to scan the eventually interesting by titles

- they are tbadly grouped, there should be other way groupped

so one could filter out the uninteresting ones, especially

"what to chose, what to start" topics should be filtered out

to some begginer forum

also aestethics of this forum is to plastic and 'neutral'

I was not around that early, but I was here circa 2005 maybe, under another name.

Things seem to be much less active these days.

Not that that is all a bad thing... I remember a lot of political discussions fed by LessBread, who I disagreed with mightily. The technical discussions do seem to be down as well, though, which is somewhat discouraging.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

Boolean (who wrote/drew the comics) has just returned with a new completed game and marketing experiment, there are various others still around, and a lot of other regular members from around those times are now moderators

I remember that comic. I joined this site way back in 2000, but I stopped coming here a while back when I gave up programming. I came back here and everything was different so I didn't even bother checking to see if my old user name still worked. I didn't post much back then, kind of like now so I've never been popular.

Learn all about my current projects and watch some of the game development videos that I've made.

Squared Programming Home

New Personal Journal

I've been a member since 2001. Not really posting that much lately.

It is true that the indie game development did not work out financially in the end for me (save for few yrs).

But thanks to the game development hobby (and the out-of-the-box attitude / skills it forces upon you), I got a chance to prove myself when working in an offshore team and researched&developed a new algorithm that is now being used in production.

That resulted in me being transferred with my family to USA (first on visas, then I got a green card) and now I'm working in a non-game company with 37.5 work-week (a huge change to offshore practices).

So, it did take some time for the skills [I gained in this hobby] to manifest, but it all worked out pretty well in the end.

Unfortunately, I don't *dream big* with my games anymore, since the costs of living in NY/NJ are so high that even if my new game made $1M, it's still a far cry from retirement.

That would be like - OK, I can retire 5 yrs sooner - maybe even at 60-65 ?

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

Fear?!? - Someone drag Lessbread, Mithrandir, and InnocuousFox out. Let's get this rolling.

"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

Wow. My name is on that list.

lol.

Hey I'm in there too

yes, here, but I always was kind of a lurker ^^

"hello world"

/relurk

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement