Sign in to follow this  
Xtremehobo

Anybody left from the 2003 crowd?

Xtremehobo    820

I hope this isn't too OT. Just curious. Anybody remember what that secret MUD was? Does Dave still own this site?

It started with a T... Tarbetha? Tibeta? I must know!

jbadams    25677

Dave is still an owner of the site, but isn't very active with the site any more.

Boolean (who wrote/drew the comics) has just returned with a new completed game and marketing experiment, there are various others still around, and a lot of other regular members from around those times are now moderators.

Ilici    862

I remember getting banned once, end of 2003, for a post in one of the random threads in the lounge taunting Dave. I felt like such a bad boy.

Yudhisthira    182

There was a fashion for a signature that lots of people used to have back then, anyone remember what they looked like ?

Someone made everyone wait for a mexican wrestler, and some poppet stole people's usernames and passwords

Edited by Yudhisthira

Alpha_ProgDes    6921

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

ChaosEngine    5185

Promit, you should remember this. What was the name of that guy who constantly posted in the Game Design section? His score was so low, that even after everyone voted him up his rating was still in the negatives.

Was that the guy who was going to make "EVE Online, but better"?

wack    1358

Had a user here since 1999-ish, forgot the password (the e-mail provider it was registered with had died at that point) and posted for a few years as "Anonymous poster" instead.

When that possibility was restricted, I got this instead.

jbadams    25677

Wasn't that vipejc?

His score was ALSO amazingly bad, but I have a feeling the user in question was something like "warsong"? I don't remember anyone making am effort to try to save vipejc's rep, as it was obviously his own fault and he just kept stirring more trouble, but poor warsong (or whatever it was) seemed to at least have good intentions but made mostly unintelligible posts.

Alimonster    185

Are we having a nostalgia-fest?  Here are some things I remember from long ago:

• Sabreman talking about Lisp/dissing C++ wherever humanly possible
  • Someone using the term 'poppet' a lot (YodaTheCoda?)
  • Pouya posting a ridiculously obfuscated, tiny Arkanoid-style game
  • The Radeon advert
  • bishop_pass posting lots of interesting photos (and talking about horses)
  • Yann L posting amazing screenshots every so often, causing threads to digress
Edited by Alimonster

jbadams    25677
There was also a user called something like "pirate lord", who had no experience what so ever but was 100% convinced the game design he had been working on for years would be the second best (that's right, for some reason he never expected to beat the unnamed best game!) game ever.

Cornstalks    7030

ru2LkUw.png

Those usernames...

The way you can tell this is really old is there's an active 4E contest going on... those haven't been around in ages.

Also, the fact that I registered in 2004 makes me feel like a young greenie compared to some of you.

Edited by Cornstalks