Help deciding if I want to do this

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 5 months ago

Hello! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum, but I just had a question. So I've been contemplating what to do in college, and the idea of game design is something that seems really good; I am always fascinated with behind the scenes and making of videos for games, it always seems so awesome and something I would love to be involved in.

The problem is, I don't want to decide to do this in college and then end up hating it. So I'm looking for something which can help me learn some of the basic skills or something to help me see what the industry is like. I've thought of doing the ID camp, but I can't spend thousands of dollars for just a week or two. Thank you for the help, and again I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

Advertisement

I moved it to the right place. You should read this forum's FAQs (this is the Game Industry Job Advice forum, formerly known as the Breaking In forum).

You should study whatever interests you. If you decide later that you want to move in a different direction, just move in a different direction after you've decided you want to. Don't make it more complicated than that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement