how can i start to use blender?

Started by
16 comments, last by ShadowFlar3 10 years, 5 months ago
hi everyone i want to develop a 3D game and i want to use blender as my graphic editor now i have a question: how can i start to use blender? please note that i can't see well so, please give me some advice: for a persen who can't see well and can't design well

when you can't see well like me, you can't test your applications and you can't read something

Github

Advertisement

Note that Blender is not a "graphics editor" per se rather it is 3D modeling software you can use produce graphics among other things.

Blender is a very good tool even for people that can't see well. Some settings that you might useful:

- You can organize your workspaces however you want making things big or small according to your needs

- Adjust overall text/icon size via File -> User Preferences -> System -> DPI. The default is 72 and if you find it too small you could double it to 144 for example.

- Adjust 3D Manipulator / Handle sizes in Interface part of the User Preferences

- Adjust various view specific elements such as 3D view outline width and all the colors in User Preferences -> Themes -> appropriate window

- Some views such as Logic and Action editor you can zoom into with mouse wheel making all the elements bigger / smaller according to your taste

After you have all your settings configured as you want, remember to save them with File -> Save Startup File. Now every time you start Blender and start working on something you have all of the above configured already.

i have a question:
how can i start?
first of all, what should i make to get started with blender?
a car, a wall or an egg!
what should i do next?

when you can't see well like me, you can't test your applications and you can't read something

Github

If you're just total beginner who has made nothing with Blender it is best to start here at Blender official tutorials.

Then based on what you ultimately want to make you can start searching Youtube video tutorials and blenderartists.org forum.

can i use my programming knowledge?

Github

does my programming knowledge help's me?

or i have to learn everything from start?

Github

does my programming knowledge help's me?

or i have to learn everything from start?

I'm not sure if I understand what exactly you are trying to make with Blender. Anyway. programming is a task for logic and structure and modeling is a creative task although there is of course a bit technical knowledge involved.

Does programming knowledge help you make models? Hardly. Though if you've worked with graphics / 3D models with your programming you'll have easier time grasping some of the basic concepts like vertices, edges, faces and normals, diffusing etc.

yes, i use my programming knowledge to draw 3d Images

but can i create them using blender?

Github

Your first step is reading or watching some Blender tutorials. Literally if you google searched "Blender tutorials", I would be surprised if you didn't find something helpful. You kind of need to do this - we can help you with a lot of things, but we generally aren't going to take the time to hold your hand walking you through creating a few polygons, when there is already much better information available that can teach you faster, if you put in the effort.

This is the cold, hard answer.

yes, i use my programming knowledge to draw 3d Images

but can i create them using blender?

Yes, you can make 3D models with Blender. I don't know what you mean by "drawing" 3d "images".

I would like to help you with Blender in any way I can, but you aren't exactly telling us what you want to make. Maybe it's a language issue but I'm not ready to give up just yet smile.png

Did you watch any tutorials yet?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement