Sign in to follow this  
BaukjeSpirit

Construct 2 game help?

I've been asking around the Scirra forum already without succes so far, so I'm going to try it here tongue.png (also not sure if I post this in the right forum)

We have to make our own game for school with Construct 2, and I'm making a point&click adventure. But I've encountered some weird bugs..
My teacher neither knows how to fix these bugs..

The link to the .capx file(UPDATED):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gr08m6291i02rt/LostInADream.capx

1: When I enter a layout, I've made my character really walks from the side into the window, but in some levels when my character enters a new layout, it doesn't walk into the window but gets stuck somewhere outside the window.
BUT when I go back to the previous layout and try a second time, then it does work.
(I've tried to set the 'Cell Size' of my character lower, it works but then it gets stuck easily in a solid.)
(This happens when going from layout 2 to 3 and some other layouts)
(this problem begun when I'd put solids around the whole window so it couldn't walk around it.)

2: When it enters Layout 3, it doesn't stop at the point I 'told' him to stop, but it immediately moves on to the next level.
(this problem begun when I'd put the Inventory and the menu button on the bottom of the window.)
(FIXED)

3: When I enter layout 5, it immediately goes back to layout 4 and then back to Layout 5 again. It's also stuck somewhere, it doesn't walk into the layout to the point where I 'told' him to go at the start of the layout.
(this problem begun when I'd put the Inventory and the Menu Button on the bottom of the window.)
(FIXED)

Does anyone know how to fix these bugs?
I'm only working with this program for about 2 months, so I'm not really an expert.

I think I'm one of the only people on Gamedev who uses Construct 2 who can help you. Unfortunately, I can't help you. I tried to solve problem 1 for a hour and couldn't.

There is a father and son team over at the Scirra forum who can probably help you, for they are quite good. Their name is: sosensible. However, they charge money... they generally charge $18/hour. If you have $100 or so to blow, you can ask them to help you - try to make an arrangement with them that you will only pay them if they solve the problem, though.

The good thing about Gamedev is many people are willing to give you help for free. However, Construct 2 isn't really a Gamedev specialty and the experts at the Scirra forum generally want money for solving these types of problems.

I was hoping some more people on here would be familiar with Construct.. Anyways thanks for trying to help! :)

I fixed problem 2 and 3, the collision polygon was the problem. But I'm still figuring out what the cause of the first problem would be.. It's only a school project so paying money for a fix is not an option.

I think I'm one of the only people on Gamedev who uses Construct 2 who can help you.

Actually, I can't say whether or not they'll be willing or able to help, but I'm fairly certain there are a large and growing number of Construct 2 users here.

@BaukjeSpirit: Have you updated your .capx to reflect the latest update with problems 2 and 3 fixed?

I'm not on my home computer right now, but I'll try to remember to have a look for you later on!