BaukjeSpirit's art thread (looking for feedback)

Started by
14 comments, last by hotmitts 10 years, 2 months ago

I've been using GIMP for about 6 years now, I've started with making manipulations first, but since a year or three I've been working on my digital drawing skills.

Also, recently I've bought my first tablet and started studying 'Gamedesign' and I'm in my first year now.

Here's some work I've made!

mushroom_tree_by_baukjespirit-d5v9cw2.pn

(this one is made with a tablet and MyPaint)

forest_painting_by_baukjespirit-d6psabf.

final_animatie_copyright_by_baukjespirit

And here's a screenshot of my first game I'm making for college. ^^ It's a point&click adventure.

292l7qh.png

And something random that doesn't have anything to do with digital, I've painted my shoes just to make them less boring tongue.png

vault_tec_painted_shoes__by_baukjespirit

Advertisement
You're a very good artist. Your first drawing reminds me of something from Final Fantasy.

Great work!

HOLY SHIT THE WOLF IS MOVING.

Shane:

I actually got inspiration from Morrowind and the DLC of Skyrim 'Dragonborn' biggrin.png

HOLY SHIT THE WOLF IS MOVING.

lol, yes it's alive!

I'm not an artist so I won't know anything about your technical implementation :p thus from a outsiders perspective.. these look really good!

I especially like the mushroom and the wolf scenes.

The fallout converse also look very good and professional.

Keep it up :)

So cool!

Thank you PragmaOnce and Swamplord smile.png

- - -

Working on a background right now for a fantasy point&click adventure, this is just a work in progress.

Wanted to experiment with new techniques and brushes in this one. happy.png

[attachment=18743:Fantasy_forest_WIP1.png]

Wow! That tree in the foreground is looking fantastic, I can see the improvement already! The different brushes and techniques you're trying out here seem a little more professional. smile.png
If I might, though, the tree root, the gash in the ground/step down to the path and one of the background trees are making a sort of box, and it keeps leading my eyes, especially with the brightness of the water being there. This might not be too much of an issue, but if you need the attention focused elsewhere in the scene, it may not be ideal.

Another thing would be I cannot tell if it's a hole in the ground or a small ledge, but you've stated yourself it's a WIP and it might just not be rendered out yet, which is fair enough.

Looking forward to seeing it completed!

Thanks BagelHero! I tried to get the focus to the treehouse actually tongue.png I know what you mean though, might still change it.

Here's the finished image:

[attachment=18825:Fantasy_forest.png]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement