Sign in to follow this  
Chumanista

Need help finding an approperiate voxel engine.

Chumanista    102

I need a voxel engine with towns-like possibilities (eg. context menus on blocks, region selections etc.). I Googled for it but all the results found seem to be more first person ones for games similar to Minecraft. Could anyone post a link to one? I would like the solution to be open-source and preferably in Unity.

studentTeacher    1077

Hello,

I don't know any particular engine, but check these links:  http://www.reddit.com/r/VoxelGameDev/comments/win15/the_big_list_of_block_engines_resources_continued/

This sub-reddit has a lot of information on voxel gamedev, and happened to have a big list of engines too!

_ST

Edited by studentTeacher

UnityNinja3    108

Hi!

You'll never find the engine with exacly THESE possibilities that you want. You have to use one of existing open source ones and implement lacking functionality yourself or write a new one yourself!

I Googled for it but all the results found seem to be more first person ones for games similar to Minecraft.

Think a bit! If they're first-person-like change the player not to be that! A good engine for you is where voxel functionality is implemented and working properly! As I wrote, you'll never find an engine just to put in your game (and don't even think, that someone will do it for you [especially for free] )!

To conclude , i see you're a complete begginer to game development, so maybe read some literature about game development technologies and possibilities, (read some community articles about writing a game for yourself [there are a few on this forum]) before you post next non-sense post like this.