Sign in to follow this  
Quat

Direct3D 11.2 Hardware Support

The feature support is actually really confusing for D3D11.1 and D3D11.2. Things used were really straightforward with D3D10 and D3D11, and now it's all messed up and convoluted. But I digress...

Nvidia's hardware doesn't fully support FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1, only 11_0. It does support a subset of the 11_1 functionality, but not all of it. Therefore it only sets a portion of the 11_1 caps to TRUE (it's like D3D9 all over again). They mentioned which features they support and don't support here.

Now as for D3D11.2, things are even more confusing because there's no feature level. There's just (yet another) set of optional caps that may or may not be set by the driver. From what I've heard pretty much all Nvidia DX11-capable GPU's support TIER1 tiled resources, but I don't think that any of them support TIER2. No idea about the other features, although min/max filtering is confusingly part of TIER2 so I don't think that's supported either. As far as AMD I believe all of the Southern Islands GPU's support TIER1, and some or all of Sea Islands GPU's support TIER2.

So there you have it, the confusing mess that is now D3D feature support. dry.png

Edited by MJP