Golden Rectangle!

Started by
5 comments, last by 10 years, 5 months ago

Hello guys.I need help.Really.. I have homework about golden rectangle.I didn't know anything about this homework.If i won't do this i won't pass this lesson just help me please.

I need golden rectangle codes in opengl

I ATTACHED MY HOMEWORK
Advertisement

Forum rules are quite clear about homework: Its your job to do it! We may help, but we don't solve it for you. So ... what is your problem in detail? Understanding the golden ratio? Understanding the assignment text? Knowledge of OpenGL? Knowledge of GLUT?

I didn't anything about this homework.

(Is this sentence complete?) What have you done / tried so far?

Forum rules are quite clear about homework: Its your job to do it! We may help, but we don't solve it for you. So ... what is your problem in detail? Understanding the golden ratio? Understanding the assignment text? Knowledge of OpenGL? Knowledge of GLUT?

I didn't anything about this homework.

(Is this sentence complete?) What have you done / tried so far?

dude..I'm new in this lesson in class.Just want golden rectangle codes likes

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <glut.h>
#include <math.h>
GLfloat G = (1 + (sqrt(float (5))))/2;
GLfloat gla1 = 0;
GLfloat glb1 = 0;
GLfloat gla2;
GLfloat glb2;
bool flip = true;
void genNextRect(void)
{
if (flip == false)
{
gla2 = gla2;
glb2 = gla2/G;
}
else
{
glb2 = glb2;
gla2 = gla2/G;
}
}
void init(void)
{
glClearColor(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0);
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();
glOrtho(0.0, 600.0, 0.0, 400.0, -15.0, 15.0);
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();
}
void display()
{
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
glLineWidth(4.0);
gla2 = glutGet(GLUT_WINDOW_WIDTH) - 10;
glb2 = glutGet(GLUT_WINDOW_HEIGHT) - 10;
glBegin(GL_LINE_LOOP);
glColor3f(0, 0, 1);
glVertex3f(gla1, glb1, 0);
glVertex3f(gla1, glb2, 0);
glVertex3f(gla2, glb2, 0);
glVertex3f(gla2, glb1, 0);
glEnd();
glutSwapBuffers();
}
void myReshape(GLsizei w, GLsizei h)
{
glViewport(0,0,w,h);
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();
gluOrtho2D(0.0, w, 0.0, h);
}
int main (int argc, char **argv)
{
glutInit(&argc, argv);
glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_DOUBLE | GLUT_RGB);
glutInitWindowPosition(50, 50);
glutInitWindowSize(600, 500);
glutCreateWindow("");
glutDisplayFunc(display);
glutReshapeFunc(myReshape);
init();
glutMainLoop();
}

If i won't do this i won't pass this lesson just help me please.

... >_>

At this rate, how do you expect to complete the course?

If i won't do this i won't pass this lesson just help me please.

... >_>

At this rate, how do you expect to complete the course?

You are right what u want to say.But you don't know why i don't understand nothing this lesson.I didn't go lessons because my family problems. I'm sorry buti just want a help thats all

Okay, don't panic. It's simpler than it looks. Looking at genNextRect, it takes the width and height of a rectangle as global parameters, gla2 and glb2, and sets them to the next smallest golden rectangle. Note, genNextRect assumes the gla2 and glb are already a golden rectangle. This is done by taking one of the dimensions and dividing by the golden ratio, which will result in a smaller length. The flip flag determine which dimension to shorten. It is the side with the longest length that is shortened. You will need to keep track of flip such that, when genNextRect is called, that the longest length of the rectangle is shortened. Alternatively, you could remove flip entirely and change the condition in genNextRect to select the longer edge. You may want to check that your rectangle's aspect ratio matches (or is close enough to) the golden ratio after calling genNextRect.

After you have called genNextRect you will need to draw it as demonstrated in the glBegin/glEnd block in display. The assignment requires you continue drawing rectangles until the rectangles are too small to display. So, all that's left to complete the assignment is finding the first golden rectangle in the screen and a loop that calls genNextRect and draws the new rectangle until the rectangle is too small to display.

P.S.
Don't panic.
[spoiler]
In pseudo-code, it'd look something like this:
display:  
    let rectangle be the size of the screen

begin drawing lines
    while (area of rectangle) > 1 pixel:
        rectangle = genNextRect rectangle

set rectangle color
        draw each rectangle edge

end drawing lines
[/spoiler]

Okay, don't panic. It's simpler than it looks. Looking at genNextRect, it takes the width and height of a rectangle as global parameters, gla2 and glb2, and sets them to the next smallest golden rectangle. Note, genNextRect assumes the gla2 and glb are already a golden rectangle. This is done by taking one of the dimensions and dividing by the golden ratio, which will result in a smaller length. The flip flag determine which dimension to shorten. It is the side with the longest length that is shortened. You will need to keep track of flip such that, when genNextRect is called, that the longest length of the rectangle is shortened. Alternatively, you could remove flip entirely and change the condition in genNextRect to select the longer edge. You may want to check that your rectangle's aspect ratio matches (or is close enough to) the golden ratio after calling genNextRect.

After you have called genNextRect you will need to draw it as demonstrated in the glBegin/glEnd block in display. The assignment requires you continue drawing rectangles until the rectangles are too small to display. So, all that's left to complete the assignment is finding the first golden rectangle in the screen and a loop that calls genNextRect and draws the new rectangle until the rectangle is too small to display.

P.S.
Don't panic.
[spoiler]
In pseudo-code, it'd look something like this:

display:  
    let rectangle be the size of the screen

begin drawing lines
    while (area of rectangle) > 1 pixel:
        rectangle = genNextRect rectangle

set rectangle color
        draw each rectangle edge

end drawing lines
[/spoiler]

thank you very much. I will do this with your help :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement