How do i start?

Started by
2 comments, last by supersilentninja 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi, my name is Ronald. im 16 year old student that lives in Norway, im interested in making 2D and 3D games. also develop mods to a game.

Im trying to read english books that has all about making games, coding, making texture etc.. but since im so bad at english and dont understand most of what i read i get really confused and give up really easy.

I know alot about Server hosting for games and can read a few easy lua script, but i dont understand these codes like: Function, end, do, elsif etc.....

i also tried translating the words on the books im reading but it is still complicated words.

My skills:

Can make game server for any games.

Can read a few LUA scripts to edit the 'round limit, limit of players, health, etc..'

I know how a bit of HTML.

I know how to setup Databases and SQL.

Here is my questions.

1. Is there a Norwegian game book?

2. How do i start coding?

3. is it possible to make games via LUA?

4. is their a easy guide book for coding, making games?

5. How do i run my scripts? i cant do it via cmd 'command'

Im only into making scripts and a bit of designing textures and models.

Lua is the simples code i have been in touch but i dont know how to use: function, end, do, elsif etc....

Im really sorry about my gramma, im not the best :( but i hope you understand.

Advertisement
Start with the online version of Programming in Lua to get a better grasp of the language.

You can make simple 2D games using Love2D.

Eventually, you can move up to more complex frameworks, such as Urho3D which binds to Lua and can be used to make 3D games with physics, pathfinding, audio, networking, etc...

I use the Maratis3D Engine. It uses lua. I have begun to like lua myself, and the Maratis Engine has an easy to use API.

If you need help with lua, just message me or something. Or if you need help with understanding programming in general I can help. One of my posts on this site I have links to my tutorials on programming.

I am on this site to share what I have learned and to learn from others myself. Take care.

They call me the Tutorial Doctor.

Thanks, il try it out :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement