• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Something Weird This Way Comes - Music Feedback

This topic is 1544 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! 

My name is Ricardo and i'm new around here. 

I've been making music for a while now, but sometimes i feel the need for some feedback, but that doesn't happen really often.

So, i would like your opinion on this track:

I did this one after listening to one of the tracks from the game The Stanley Parable, called Following Stanley. I tried to make it sound something like that, but i don't know if it worked. = ]

Advertisement

Interesting score! I liked it overall. Quite a bit actually. I felt like the mallets were a tad too loud in the mix but not by much. I didn't care for the last chord - it wasn't prepped enough, in my opinion. If you're going to use dissonance in a comedic way, then prepping it a bit earlier (i.e. more chromaticism) could be more effective.

Thanks for answering Nathan. 

About the last chord: actually, it was only to test a different chord from the original one and see how it sounded. But at the end, i left it there. But you're right, for the music to have a comedic feeling, i have to change some things first. 

Yeah, i tought the mallets were a little bit loud too, but i only became aware of that when i listened to it after uploading. I don't know why i didn't caught that before. Maybe because of the headfones i was using.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement