svg no-anti aliasing / xna colour mask

Started by
4 comments, last by xexuxjy 10 years, 5 months ago

Not sure if this is the best place to ask , but was looking to get some advice /recommendations on how to do this :

I've created a number of selection cursors as svg images in Inkscape, this allowed me to play around with them a lot and gave me a nice editing system, I gave them all a magenta background as my aim was to use the colour masking in the XNA content exporter to convert those sections ot the image to full alpha.

This all works fine, apart from the fact that when I then export them to bitmaps (png's) for use in my content project then the images are created with anti-aliasing, which means that when they're used in game there are some 'almost magenta' sections where it's tried to alias the colour mask.

I've tried opening the svg files in a few different editors and get the same issue (understandable as creating smooth images is one of the key points of svg) but does anyone know of a tool or system that allows you to export the image without anti-aliasing being applied?

Failing that , does anyone have a better approach to this way of generating content?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Does Inkscape not allow you to export them as PNGs with a valid alpha channel?

It does. I consider this color-keying a relic, you really should use a proper alpha.

Not sure if Inkscape can disable anti-aliasing for the alpha if you really want to. You probably need a different tool (try Paint.NET).

Thanks, haven't had much luck messing round with Alpha images in inkscape but agree I'm better focusing on that rather than trying to bodge things with colour masks.

Ok, could test it now. Easier than I remembered. Use a blank background (nothing drawn), export, done. Here with two different resolutions, alpha looks fine on both.

Yup, redid them in inkscape thanks, of course I then ran into another issue where inkscape objects that had no outline and full alpha fill were not selectable (apart from in outline view) which caused me a few issues in exporting at first :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement