Screenshot showdown, too easy to get rep?

Started by
6 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi guys, again. ohmy.png

This is just my opinion, but I find it way too easy to get reputation just by playing the screenshot showdown, I mean, just think of it. (I'm sorry if this has been discussed before )

You can either be the hard worker, getting reputation by helping other users and actually using your brain, or you could be the screenshot showdown guy (No offense!), getting 20 points in a minute or three, and actually, you could become a crossbone by just doing this each single day for 1.6-1.7 months (1000 / 20 [20 is the # of rep from it pr day] = 50, 50 / 30 [Assuming that we have 30 days pr month, = 1.6667]).

How are your opinions on this? I think it's way too easy to get reputation in this way. wacko.png

EDIT:

Maybe you could decrease the max # of reputation from it per day?

Thanks, as usual.

-MIGI0027

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Advertisement

Does it matter?

Reputation is nice an all, but you can't fool the community. I mean, one's reputation is a factor when reading posts, but it's not the only factor. And if that person is a fraud, than he's posts will not be useful, and will probably be voted-down.

You can't fool everybody all the time...

If you can click brainlessly through all those awesome screenshots for that long a period, not only should you get rep, you should also get a medal.

I didn't know people even get points for screenshots.

Do you still get that account update at 1000?

i can't imagine this is such a problem that it needs to be fixed, maybe if one day someone does somehow abuse the system this way, i could see it requiring change, but honestly, the probability's seem drastically low for this to happen, and even if it does, so what, a mod just bans the abuser, and we move on.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I think in the end with a large enough sample size of posts made that it would end up canceling out and not matter. I guess one could, if they wanted, just go and play the game over and over to get points though if you never make useful posts or your posts and entirely wrong then chances are they will voted down by not one, but multiple people, and then all those rounds you played wouldn't even matter.

Then if you don't even make posts to even help the community then does it even matter what your rep is? No body would ever see it then you can't even "fool" someone into thinking you make helpful posts.

So I believe in the end the community and how well you act and help with the community will affect it the most.

Thanks for your opinions! smile.png

I guess you're right with, you can't really fool the community.

-MIGI0027

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

You vs Hodgman using only the Screenshot Showdown - go! Btw, there is a rep cap on screenshot showdown points.. I've hit it at least. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement