has anyone here released a game that got no attention and make you depressed potato

Started by
27 comments, last by ankit.86j 10 years, 4 months ago

has anyone here spent more than 2 years developing a game alone?

would like to know that game

Advertisement

Is attention the goal, or is the game? Is a diamond that languishes in the earth worth more or less than a diamond that is mined out and put in a boutique?

what about it?

I made an iOS/android/kindle game that I spent about 4 or 5 months on. I think I've gotten about 8 downloads. My problem is I'm a marketing doofus and really failed to get the word out. But yeah, definitely a depressed potato.

I wouldn't call my game a diamond. More like a thing I want people to play and see. Also some money to pay for food would be cool.

According to some statistic I read about on Gamasutra there is about 180 games a day on average published in Apple's app store alone. Punching through that avalanche is quite hard.

No matter your downloads, I'm very impressed that you managed to pull through and publish your game. It's no small feat at all! <3

I made an iOS/android/kindle game that I spent about 4 or 5 months on. I think I've gotten about 8 downloads. My problem is I'm a marketing doofus and really failed to get the word out. But yeah, definitely a depressed potato.

I wouldn't call my game a diamond. More like a thing I want people to play and see. Also some money to pay for food would be cool.

And your marketing issue continues by not putting link here either :)

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

if it is your first game, make it free to maximize exposure, if it is good enough to keep players interested you have a great place to market your future games.

[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

if it is your first game, make it free to maximize exposure, if it is good enough to keep players interested you have a great place to market your future games.

I agree with Simon.

Personally, I prefer it when people have a donate page on their game site rather than ads popping up all the time. People with money will be generous if they like what you've made. So what if 1000 people play your game and only 1 persons gives you money for it. What if that one person gives you 10,000 dollars? Stranger things have happened.

I agree with Simon.

Personally, I prefer it when people have a donate page on their game site rather than ads popping up all the time. People with money will be generous if they like what you've made. So what if 1000 people play your game and only 1 persons gives you money for it. What if that one person gives you 10,000 dollars? Stranger things have happened.

Well, I won't be posting the link because this isn't my thread. But some of these responses give me hope for the game industry. Also I may have added some links to my sig because...y'know marketing issues.

Almost any/every creation we make, is seeking approval from peers, masters or whichever audience we respect. Keep in mind that mastering anything takes 10 000 hours. Given that game production is a multiple disciplined endeavor that's a lot of hours. Don't fret over one game. It'll get better the more you focus and hone your skills.

If you feel like you're hitting a wall in certain aspects of the process or feedback is indicating that one or a few parts of your finished project (by the way, way to go on finishing a project, there are very few of those:) are lacking in finishing touches. Use that feedback to create and use your post-mortem in the production of your next game. Seek help and work along side others with experience in the areas (I believe marketing was mentioned;) to help expand your own skills.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement