ValidateNoUsage

Started by
12 comments, last by Jason Goepel 10 years, 5 months ago

My current script engine registers 1067 functions. When the engine is being destroyed, asCConfigGroup::ValidateNoUsage detects two functions still using two Types (one each). One type is an enumeration, the other type is my String class. One of the functions is a global function, the other is a member of a template object. I'm not sure where to being troubleshooting this. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement

This could very well be a bug in AngelScript, one that is triggered by a specific case in your application that I'll need your help in identifying.

Does the problem happen even if you release the engine without building any scripts at all? If not, are you able to detect after what script that was built the problem occurs? If yes, can you call WriteConfigToFile() (from the scripthelper add-on) and send me the config file that is generated so I can take a look at what you register with the engine?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

The problem occurs even if I build no scripts. I have attached the config file generated by the engine.

I'm trying to narrow down the registration differences. I have been removing items from my registration functions. I have attached two configuration files, on that shows the problem and one that doesn't.

Type 'SortType' is still used by function 'Sort'

Type 'String' is still used by function 'TraceString'

Thanks. I'll use this to try to reproduce the problem on my own.

I'll let you know the results a.s.a.p.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This may be a separate issue, but when I register the AddressList class I get three memory leaks. The memory that leaks was allocated during the registration of "AddressList& opAssign(const AddressList&in)".

as_scriptengine.cpp, 88 bytes @ line 2610 (asSSystemFunctionInterface), 288 bytes @ line 2614 (asCScriptFunction)

// Put the system function in the list of system functions
asSSystemFunctionInterface *newInterface = asNEW(asSSystemFunctionInterface)(internal);
if( newInterface == 0 )
    return ConfigError(asOUT_OF_MEMORY, "RegisterObjectMethod", objectType->name.AddressOf(), declaration);

asCScriptFunction *func = asNEW(asCScriptFunction)(this, 0, asFUNC_SYSTEM);

as_builder.cpp, 32 bytes @ line 997

// Preallocate memory
func->parameterTypes.Allocate(paramCount, false);
func->inOutFlags.Allocate(paramCount, false);
func->defaultArgs.Allocate(paramCount, false);
if( paramAutoHandles ) paramAutoHandles->Allocate(paramCount, false);

I've reduced the config to the following while still reproducing the problem:

// Enums
enum SortType
enumval SortType cAsc 0
// Types
objtype "String" 10
objtype "Array<T>" 131137
objtype "Matrix" 131073
// Type members
objmthd "Array<T>" "void Sort(SortType = SortType :: cAsc)"
objmthd "Array<T>" "String TraceString() const"
objmthd "Matrix" "Array<Array<double>>@ ToArray() const"
I'm looking for the root cause now, but it is pretty obvious that it has to do with the ToArray method that is returning the nested array type.
Once, I find and fix the problem with the failure to remove the types I'll check the memory leak you reported. It may or may not be related.

I've fixed the warning in revision 1766.

It doesn't appear to be related to the memory leak, so I'm going to try to reproduce that now.

The memory leak is because you're registering the default copy operator twice for the AddressList type:

objmthd "AddressList" "AddressList& opAssign(const AddressList&in)"

objmthd "AddressList" "AddressList& opAssign(const AddressList&inout)"

Of course, AngelScript shouldn't silently accept this, but I'll add the verification for this tomorrow.

Thanks for finding the leak; I should have noticed that, but I guess I wasn't looking for it. I really appreciate your speedy response. Great work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement