Sign in to follow this  
StanIAm

Correct view for fullscreen quad

Hey guys I'm on creating a post processing pipeline and after a long day of work I can't find a solution for my problem.

I create a quad with 6 vertices/indices with a texture ( + rendertarget,shaderresource,sampler) , set the rendertargets before scene rendering , then I render the normal scene....after that I disable the Z Buffer, set the backbuffer as target, set the Constantbuffers for the quad ( Worldmatrix -> Identity, View -> like all other objects , projection -> XMMatrixOrthographicOffCenter(-1,1,-1,1,0.1f,100.0f) ) and the shaders + shaderresources... everything works , my quad shows the rendered scene but when I rotate the camera the quad don't remain at fullscreen, but moves like the normal view does... I think I have to fix the plane to the cameras view or what does I have to do now I really don't know :/

Thank you !

I like to completely ignore the "camera" (view/projection/etc matrices) in my fullscreen shaders.

The job of every camera matrix (view/proj/etc) is to transform coordinates into clip-space/NDC space. Basically xy=[-1,-1] is one corner of the screen, and xy=[1,1] is the other corner.

Instead of using a matrix/camera to transform your quad so that it ends up with it's corners at [-1,-1][-1,1][1,1]and[1,-1], you can just hard-code those positions in your vertex buffer. Then in your vertex shader, you can just output the vertex position without any modification (don't multiply it with any matrices).