Mobile version of site not working

Started by
15 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 3 months ago

Starting yesterday, when I view the site from my phone (using Chrome) I get the desktop version instead of the mobile version.

'Request desktop site' is unchecked, so it's something else.

Does anybody else has the same issue?

[edit] Title should say NOT working. Too bad I can't edit it.

Advertisement

I've been having the same issue as well, but we haven't been able to track down the specific problem yet -- we recently had to disable some functionality which helped make the layout more responsive due to another problem, so that may possibly be related somehow.

What sort of mobile are you using?

In the meantime, the desktop site seems usable if not quite as nice on mobile.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and also using Chrome.

Anyone else experiencing this?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Yeah I'm suddenly getting the desktop site instead of the mobile one too.

This wouldn't be too bad, but... For some reason the standard iPhone "pinch to zoom" and "double tap to zoom" don't work on gdnet, so it's almost unreadable and unnavigable.

Missed this the first time, you can edit the title and/or tags of one of your topics by editing the original post and pressing the "use full editor" button rather than using the quick editor. I fixed the title of this topic for you. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Missed this the first time, you can edit the title and/or tags of one of your topics by editing the original post and pressing the "use full editor" button rather than using the quick editor. I fixed the title of this topic for you. smile.png

Cool, thanks!

Yeah I'm suddenly getting the desktop site instead of the mobile one too.
This wouldn't be too bad, but... For some reason the standard iPhone "pinch to zoom" and "double tap to zoom" don't work on gdnet, so it's almost unreadable and unnavigable.

THIS!!!!, the desktop would be completly usable if i could freaking zoom!!, i also noticed it was disabled in the mobile version, please enable zooming.

also, the chat is very limited when on mobile, no user list, can't disable sounds, etc.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Is someone looking into it?
It's really irritating, the site in not really usable on mobile like this.
Apart from not being able to zoom, I also don't see the menu bar on the top.

When I specifically request the mobile version using the link at the bottom I get this message

Fatal error: Call to a member function chatMobileLink() on a non-object in /var/www/gamedev/admin/applications_addon/ips/ipchat/sources/hooks.php on line 276

Better?

Cool, It's working again.

Excellent!

Just a heads-up that we're still working on some related issues, so we'll do our best to keep everything running smoothly, but you might see some changes or small hiccups on mobile over the next week or so.

Please do report any problems though! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement