• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tom_mai78101

Eclipse IDE: Unable to display hex values in Views, even though Primitive Display Options are set to display hex values.

This topic is 2065 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

29EhVVN.png

It always fails to display in hex values, unlike MS Visual Studios. Has this been reported and fixed? Anyone knows how to fix this, without having to type things like "Integer.toHexString()"? There are some situations where typing these in the Expressions view can't display the values I wanted to see while debugging.

Advertisement

It works for me, I'm using Eclipse kepler (4.3), JDK 7.

Is that for Android SDK? Maybe it has separate debugger options...

EDIT: Did you pressed 'Ok' ? :P

Edited by TheChubu

1. No, this Eclipse is not for Android SDK. I do have another Eclipse with Android SDK installed there. Both Eclipse IDE shares the same workspace.

2. Yes, I have pressed "OK" and "Apply" numerous times.

Question: Do you suppose that the other Eclipses need to set the primitive display options to the same preferences when sharing a workspace?

Finally got back to this computer after servicing for a week. Yes, I did. Both Eclipse have the same settings saved into the metadata of the workspace.

The debugger itself might behave differently in the two Eclipse installations, either because they are different versions or because they have different plugins. Are you talking about the Java debugger?

Yes. The Java debugger in the Java Eclipse Kepler, specifically. But, I don't believe that the debugger behaves differently in two different types of Eclipse installation. That's just wrong on so many levels, design-wise (especially).

Can the Android Eclipse also be used to display values of primitive data types into hex values? I thought they are the same, regardless of operating systems and plugins, since they can be written in Java. Unless there's something clearly wrong...

Edited by tom_mai78101

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!