Problem with Rendering

Started by
9 comments, last by Xperience 10 years, 5 months ago

Hi,

I have a problem with rendering scene. I draw scene (with displacement mapping, tessellation, lights, textures etc.), but it looks bad like flickering happend(I'm not sure).

How can I prevent it and why it happend?

I give an executable here, thanks for advice.

Advertisement

Flickering usually means something is not initialized correctly, but can also mean other things like memory corruption. In any case, there isn't an easy solution, you'll need to debug it.

To root cause it, try and disable parts of your code/shaders, see if you can find which shader/technique causes it. When you find it, work your up from that, or post the problematic code.

Can't run your exe, as it seems to require Win8 (I'm still on Win7) - you are using CreateFile2, which in not supported in Win7.

It's not like flickering but something similar. It's only visible when I'm moving, if I stayed scene is clear and nice.

What do you mean CreateFile2?

What should I turn on/off for correctly compiling for Win7?

I'm using Win8 and if I used compatibility mode, it works.

CreateFile2() is a new Win8 API. It's probably being used by one of your utility libraries.

If it only happens when your moving, maybe something is wrong with your camera?

Anyway, your question is way to general. You didn't even specify which language/framework/engine you are using.

Do as I suggested before - simplify your renderer (remove passes, use simple shaders) and try to identify the exact piece of code that causes the flickering.

CreateFile2 was in DDSTextureLoader, I modify it and it should works now.

I use C++ and DirectX11 (no engine)

I don't know how I should call it, it's better to see it.

Some of your textures have no mipmaps (the columns). Adding those fixes the flickering, even though there are other issues.

I'm generate it, but no change.

My bad, it was StoneMap that was missing them and causing the flickering ground. Unless by flickering you mean the tearing/visible lines effect, in which case it's probably something wrong in your tesselation stage.

Thanks, I fixed StoneMap, but it is the same. With and without tesselation is the same too.

Vsync anyone does it match this in anyway Clicky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement