Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Versal1ty

Release Date notification system

This topic is 1887 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Folks,

If you think RSS is a better choise, if you constantly checking Kickstarter, spending time on Greenlight to rate games and you're hungry for fresh indie games – this thread is for you.

I am making a web service that will help players to monitor their favourite games and feed them with notification as soon as game has been released.

I am an experienced Rails / Front-end software developer with a lot of motivation and skills, ready to work on a project that will help people to keep up with recent releases of their favourite games. This might do a big favour to small indie developers along the road, and put some light on their creations, as it is quite challenging nowadays to highlight your project with thousand other competitors.

My goal is not just to make a one-page project and then earn some quick cash on dirty advertisement. My goal is to make small lighthouse for all developers and users about game releases.

My service just knows when games going to be released and how to notify the user about it.

All of it wrapped into small, user-friendly interface.

Why I am telling all this? It will be next to impossible to make this project alone.

Programming alone is not enough, while I can (and already made) all necessary tools for painless management, such as admin panel and quite smart parsing engine, which knows all release dates all around the web – I also need opinion of other people, constructive criticism, brainstorm new ideas, designing help and so on.

All skill-sets are welcome.

If you're interested – please don't hesitate to give me a shout

skylight@skyhs.me

And screenshot of early alpha, UI is most likely going to be changed:

vvUnRdR.jpg

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!