Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vanz

Visual Studio 2013 C++ and Windows 8.1 Issues

This topic is 1889 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Trying to get some Windows 8.0 Visual Studio 2012 C++ solution files to work on Visual Studio 2013 C++ and Windows 8.1, when I go to open the solution file it says I need to "Retarget your Windows Store app to Windows 8.1"  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn263114.aspx

okay what the frick, I'll play along... Now I need to open the folder that contains the solution file, okay I finally found the "Source Control Explorer" but it won't let me open anything, it's all greyed out except for the refresh button?? Do I need to sign up for something to use this feature just so I can open my older project? I really hate signing up for stuff, plus it's not even clear what exactly I need to sign up for...

Finding working in Visual Studio 2013 C++ and Windows 8.1 to be pretty frustrating so far...

Vanz

Advertisement

Skip the Team Foundation stuff.  That only applies to people who use it and need to make a branch.

I'm guessing VS will show the solution as "cannot load" in the solution explorer.  I'm guessing the option you want appears if you right-click the solution.

Are you actually creating a Windows Store App?  Or did you download the Win8 App VS, and not the Windows Desktop Development VS?  There are different versions specific to what you're developing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!