• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Fabio Roscioli

SharpDX - Tutorials and Starting Project Structures

This topic is 2159 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!

I want to learn to use SharpDX stuffs, i would like to know if there are some tutorials about program structure (some specified ways to use classes, some specified way to organyze the structure of the program itself) and if there is some tutorial about starting your "first" little game. So i could understand how to begin.

I never used DirectX in C++ because i don't love C++ but i would like to start using this wrapping.

Thank you for answering!

Advertisement

The GameDev for beginners faq will prove useful

http://www.gamedev.net/page/reference/faq.php/_/for-beginners-r1

Google is your buddy. Searching for SharpDX tutorial returned plenty of stuff. The first hit was for a closed, forum, but the post still seems useful:

There are tons of game programming tutorials and samples out there for whatever language you're interested in. For the very first plunge into game development, asking Google will be much faster than asking us. :)

- Eck

SharpDX is a great library, it's a shame the author closed the forums down.

Also note that tutorials out there for SlimDX or Direct3D in general also apply here. SharpDX is not like Unity3D (or other high level engine/framework), it's a wrapper around the native DirectX libraries. Obviously you'd have to do a language translation, but they will be the same concepts (in general).

Edited by Starnick

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!