Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Anddos

Creating 3D Model animations with windows Kinect

This topic is 1881 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

is anybody creating animations for there 3d models with windows kinect equipment instead of expensive motion capture equipment,what software do you recommend to convert the files ,i am at abit of a loss of how to go from windows kinect format to 3dsmax/maya,thanks for reading

Edited by Anddos

Advertisement

Dunno what the other links are like, so this might be a bit overkill.

A few semesters ago I had to connect a Kinect to Unity and used VRPN. You connect a server to your tracker and have a client somewhere receiving the data, in this case it was a simple c++ callback getting called every time one of the joints moved (IIRC about 22 joints), all I had to do was putting it into a dll and load it in C# and I could see me moving in Unity. I believe it even supports multiple Trackers at once, which is probably useful for a 3d animation.

But I'm not sure how you load plugins in 3dsmax/Maya, since I usually use Blender.

Its not even much you have to do, I think the whole thing had like 100 lines of code.

I am having trouble with one of the c++ sample programs that comes with the kinect sdk,the sample inhand is called SkeletonBasics-D2D,i am unable to get any skeletol lines to show up on the screen,the kinect is reconized by windows and the drivers are installed,thanks if you can help.

Edited by Anddos

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!