a question about SFML and ogre

Started by
2 comments, last by brightening-eyes 10 years, 4 months ago
hi, i started to make game with SFML because it is easy to use and ogre because it is very good for 3D now a question is in my mind: can i use SFML and ogre together? for example, create a window from SFML and draw with ogre is it possible to do this? i didn't try this thanks in advance

when you can't see well like me, you can't test your applications and you can't read something

Github

Advertisement
I believe you can do so by setting the window handle created by SFML to the externalWindowHandle key in miscParams, passed in the Ogre::Root::createRenderWindow() method. It's not something I've done personally, and I found at least one Ogre forum thread where the OP was trying to do something similar and ended up quitting in frustration, so I don't know how well-supported using an external handle is. But if SFML provides something you absolutely can not live without, for whatever reason, then it might be worth a try.

I recently saw someone posting he got it working at http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=13538.0 and there is some code included.

thanks everybody

now i know that i have to use ogre as the window renderrer and SFML for input and sound playing

when you can't see well like me, you can't test your applications and you can't read something

Github

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement