• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GuoLei

How select best video card in Direcx automatic with code

This topic is 2155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I  konw use class  "Adapter" to  achieve  the  video  card  informations  But I  only  achieve  DedicatedVideoMemory and DedicatedSystemMemory.I also  can  konw  the  device  if  support the DX level_11 or  Level_10.

But I  don't think  these  can judge   which  video  cards is better.  for  example  my  notebook  computer has Intel  Graphics 4000  and  GT 640M. if they  has  the  same  DedicatedVideoMemory  and  both  supoort DX level_11.  It  can't  judge   which  video  cards is the  best.

I  think  it  must has more better  method  to judge  it.  Sorry  My  English is  bad!  If  you  understand me,please help  me..\Thanks! Thanks!

On the other  hand  i use  sharpDX  ,it's  the  same  with  Direct11  API.

Edited by GuoLei

Advertisement

As posted, it’s not for you to decide which card the user will use.  Always use the default display device as set by the user.

L. Spiro

It's better if you let the user choose which card to use.

Thanks  I  kown  most game  can  select  automatic . so I  also  want  to do  like  that.

As posted, it’s not for you to decide which card the user will use.  Always use the default display device as set by the user.

L. Spiro

Thanks  I  kown  most game  can  select  automatic . so I  also  want  to do  like  that. Maybe  Let  user  select  is  a better  way

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!