Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Christian Tucker

[Videos]Java School ~ From Zero to Hero (The starter guide)

This topic is 1878 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, Chris here.

tl;dr - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf3HExmaARYbhS5pH6LVsgHGtCMyqc7Dw

I've decided to start writing a tutorial series on Java programming that literally starts at the bare-bones, the idea of this series it to bring people that are interested in programming to understand it at an decent rate. The video's aren't that long (about <10 minutes) each because of my personal preference when it comes to learning something. I don't like taking it in all at once, I like it when I can stop every 10-30 minutes and take a break, get some food, play a game, and then resume learning where I left off without worrying about forgetting what we just did.

Whilist learning programming video's have always been my greatest friend, any-time that I want to know how something works I always look for a video, however the problem is that there really just aren't that many videos out there, especially when it comes to openGL ( D: ). I don't know about everyone else, but personally I learn better when it's happening right in-front of me and it's being explained. That's why I created this series.

If you are an experienced programmer and watch this series for whatever reason (I would assume out of boredom) please provide me with feedback, if I have explained something incorrectly to my viewers I would definitely like to know so I can clarify it.  The point here is to teach people, not to feed them with false information.

Anyway the link to the playlist is below, I have just started uploading videos as of today [11/26/2013] and will continue to upload at-least one video daily, so please subscribe if you're interested. Throughout the tutorial series I am planning to move into things like networking, graphics, and many other things, such as working with JDBC, etc.  We will create "mini-projects" a-long the way, such as the "text-based-game" that I'm getting ready to start in the next view videos. These "mini-projects" are meant to help you better understand what you've been taught. While it's not required that you complete them, it's highly recommended as I will be going over additional information which may have been forgotten in the initial explanation of something.

Anyway, if you read all of this, thanks.

Link to Video(s) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf3HExmaARYbhS5pH6LVsgHGtCMyqc7Dw

Edited by CTucker1327

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!