Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GL3336563

DX11 Is that DX9 can't get the second video card

This topic is 1873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

DX9'AdaterCount means  monitor  count.

DX11'AdapterCount meas  video  card count.

So  I  can.t  get and  use  the   second  video  card In  DX9?

For  example  My laptop  has intel/Nivida  video  cards. 

I can't  use  nvida card  audomatic  only   use  code?

That  means  When  I  want  use  nivida cards with DX11 to render scene  and  share  the  backBuffer  to  DX9( in order to Interaction in WPF )    must  update  the  DX11'Backbuffer with nivida'Device  to CPU  and new another Texture with intel'Device  ,In  the  end  share  the Texture handle from DX11 to DX9  with  the Same  intel  card.

Edited by GL3336563

Advertisement

Nononono; you don't do something like that. No such thing as generating a texture on nvidia and passing it to intel. No. Just don't.

Most of the time, those two cards are part of a switchable graphics ecosystem. I'm not sure how they are supposed to work and I strongly recommend against even trying to do that in D3D9, let alone mixing APIs!

Edited by Krohm

Nononono; you don't do something like that. No such thing as generating a texture on nvidia and passing it to intel. No. Just don't.

Most of the time, those two cards are part of a switchable graphics ecosystem. I'm not sure how they are supposed to work and I strongly recommend against even trying to do that in D3D9, let alone mixing APIs!

Thanks!  I  have  give  up  to do like  that!  I have  give up DX9 and  DX11 mix in WPF.  now  I  only  use  DX11. I  think  this  is  the  most  right  way to use DX.   Ever  I  only want to  use  WPF'S control.  Now  I decide to  use Direct2D1 to made control  by myself.  I  think  Maybe the traditional way  is  the  final  answer!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!