How I can reserve an ideea just for me?

Started by
13 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 4 months ago

Why you should share your game designs. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement

"Game designs are not patents or blue prints. They are an initial artistic sketch that is used as fodder during a very involved production process to create a final game. A great game is not derivable from the design document and an original game design is not likely to be copied. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it is impossible to steal a game design. The best you can do is create an interpretation."

Trully answered my question. Thanks

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

It will be sad to see this game made by someone else because I think at this idea since 1 year ago and now gathering skills to make it.

Imagine if when you developed the skills, you wrote it and released it, and then found yourself being sued by someone who happened to have the idea some years earlier - even if they had never even implemented the game itself?

Ideas are cheap. If ideas could be copyrighted like that, it would be hard to release anything without paying loads of licence fees. Also, I don't know what your game is, but I bet that as well as your idea, you'll be making use of many other pre-existing ideas in the process of implementing your game.

http://erebusrpg.sourceforge.net/ - Erebus, Open Source RPG for Windows/Linux/Android
http://conquests.sourceforge.net/ - Conquests, Open Source Civ-like Game for Windows/Linux

Ok, here is my idea. I will simplify it a bit. I think that in this game you will play the role of a ghost and you have the ability to posses people but only for a short amount of time because if you posses them to much they will start to fight back and eventualli kill themselves. But you cannot stay without a human body to much because you will "die" again(i have to think more at this part and study the comportament of the ghost;)). After you get used to the game mechanic you must complete some quest and more obectives. For example when lets say army will catch you( a people possed by a ghost) will shut you but you can posses an soldier and make chaos from insinde.

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Ok, here is my idea.

If you want to share your game idea, please do it in the Game Design forum. The subject of this forum is legal and business issues. Up until your most recent post, this conversation was on-topic for this forum. Now you've veered off this forum's topic. Your question has apparently been answered. I'm closing this thread. Feel free to start another one in the game design forum, if you want to get feedback on your game idea.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement