Help please, :)

Started by
4 comments, last by BitMaster 10 years, 4 months ago

Hi all.

I am considering using qt (creator, designer etc.) but i have one little problem. Qt uses opengl and i plan on using dx11 and open gl(at a later time). Qt is open source thankfully but i haven't seen any help on this matter.sad.png

Hopefully you guys can help me out rolleyes.gif . Is there a way to add dx11 support for qt because i plan on using a lot of directx applications with it and the latest qt doesn't have dx support but it's open source.

Their forum (qtcenter) is probably the most unhelpful forum i've entered yet. Still evaluating qt-project but they haven't been any help.angry.png

Is it possible to add directx 11 support for qt. Link me to tutorials or help sites.smile.png

This would seriously help me. Thanks?

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

Advertisement
http://www.giyf.com/ there is much to find ;)

I can't believe you linked me to google blink.png . I searched google in relation to qt but didn't get any answer that is why i asked.

Anyways, my question has been answered by qtcenter ( thankfully).biggrin.png

UNREAL ENGINE 4:
Total LOC: ~3M Lines
Total Languages: ~32

--
GREAT QUOTES:
I can do ALL things through Christ - Jesus Christ
--
Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination gets you everywhere - Albert Einstein
--
The problems of the world cannot be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. - John F. Kennedy

... yeah sorry but i found directly a possible answer to your question. Of course i link you then back to google tongue.png .

keyphrases: qt directX -> 1. side: http://blog.jholewinski.org/direct3d-11-with-qt-4/index.html

And i think it would be nice if you would now share the answer you recived from the qtcenter here^^

for future people who could have similiar questions.

I can't believe you linked me to google blink.png . I searched google in relation to qt but didn't get any answer that is why i asked.

Anyways, my question has been answered by qtcenter ( thankfully).biggrin.png

In the future, it's always a good thing if you spend some effort to your question before asking it. Don't just expect us to solve your issues at your whim. Always search your question first on major search engines, most likely someone else have the solutions and posted it somewhere.

Qt already offers OpenGL via ANGLE if you pick the right build. All you would need is a modified ANGLE to attach to your existing DirectX context and it's workable without modifying a single line of Qt itself. There probably will be a lot of issues to solve but that plan sounds much more doable than trying to modify all of Qt.

Their forum (qtcenter) is probably the most unhelpful forum i've entered yet. Still evaluating qt-project but they haven't been any help.angry.png

Having experienced you here, I have a pretty good idea why that might be the case for you...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement