RuinValor: Birth of Talos

Started by
9 comments, last by riuthamus 10 years ago

RuinValor is role playing game with skill based combat system and powerful customization options. The primary platform will be PC (and Linux assuming kickstarter stretchgoals are reached). The focus of our game is creation, town progression, customization, modability, and the choice by both players and server owners on how they wish to shape and experience their world.

gallery_1_371_61378.jpg

RuinValor is a game with rich lore, cutting edge graphics, unique gameplay and a role playing experience that will leave you begging for more. We’ve made it our mission to empower our player base by giving the server owners, community managers and modders ample tools to create and modify the game, therefore ensuring endless hours of unique gameplay.

When designing RuinValor we wanted to avoid the industry’s traditional method of pushing content on the players through season passes and/or costly expansions. Our design model focuses on giving the modding community and server owners as much power as possible; which allows them to generate quality content with relative ease.

• Platform: PC and (Linux/MAC if stretch goal is reached)
  • Character Customization: Modify almost every aspect of your character. You can decide everything from the way your character fights to the armor they wear, giving you the ability to put your own personality into them. With the planned modding tools in place, even more possibilities will appear in the near future.
  • Unique Skill System: Choose from over 100 skills for your character. Pick from Offensive, Defensive, and Utility type skills to create a unique character that plays to your true gameplay style. No longer will you be limited by class or archetype!
  • Unique Crafting: Craft items in a unique and interesting method uncommon in most games today. Explore a system that is easy to begin but grows in complexity as you get deeper into it. Find the best recipes for crafting and share them with friends or sell them on the market for profit.
  • Land Ownership: Claim plots of land to create, expand and conquer regions of the world. Land ownership will be the driving force for the war element of the game. Expand your borders while building key buildings so that your land is progressed to the next level. Keep in mind that the higher you climb on the ladder of success the more the creatures of the world will attempt to knock you from your high and mighty throne!
  • Server Technology: Since the beginning of development we have put a heavy emphasis on multiplayer content. We wanted to allow players the ability to play on a LAN, Small Servers, or even host high population servers hosted by a dedicated server. Gaming is meant to be shared and experienced on multiple levels and it is our desire to emphasize this.
  • Modding API: We have put some serious time into the creation of a robust and powerful API for easy modification of the game’s systems. All of the tools we use to develop the game will be available to the public. We are fully aware of the how crucial the modding community can be for a game so we are putting forth every possible effort to ensure we are updating the API as well as supporting the modding community with any and all questions/requests.

Find us on these locations:

Offical Website

Official Forum

Twitter

Twitch

Youtube

Greenlight

Facebook

Advertisement

So cool, im looking forward to follow this... But I dont like the art... Cause I know Riu has been working on it ;) Nah just kidding mate. This is great!

//Thomas Wiborg

Well thank you sir! ill be updating this as I get more information and more posts!

I look forward to the updates!

Cool concept and model!!!

http://www.game-silkroad.com
info_game@silkroadcg.com

Thanks sirs!

Always enjoy seeing your updates, it's great to see steady progress on what looks like it'll be a pretty cool game! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Great stuff. Keep the updates going!

Just posted our game to Greenlight. I know that we are lacking some production based video's but I dont have the money to pay for somebody to make one right now. If you are able and like the project we could certainly use the vote. I am looking to make a full video this week but time has been limited with my work schedule. Thanks for he help guys and as always I love this community for all that you have done for me and my team. We would not be where we are today without this forum.

Greenlight Page:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248222520

Recent Video:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FqmMeTFSGso[/media]

Recent Blog:

http://www.ruinvalor.com/wordpress/?p=492

Voted yes on Greenlight for you! Good luck! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement