Indie Project - Need people to join me!

Started by
1 comment, last by Hodgman 10 years, 3 months ago

So i am making big game, Multiplayer.. Like blocks system with lifesupport.. anyway i ll not say so much here..

I am looking for interested people, i didnt chose the engine yet.. Html5 or Love2d or c++

Advertisement
Sorry but you lost me (and most likely a few others) on this.

"I'll not say so much here..." And "I didn't choose the engine yet, html5, Love2d, or c++"

There's quite a few things wrong with most of what you said here.

#1. Sell me. Why do I want to join you? No, why should I even bother contacting you in the first place? Remember, YOU came HERE to find someone, we're just here looking at threads.
This is the equivalent of someone running into a room full of people and shouting "hey I'm making a house! I haven't chosen where or with what yet but I got ideas! I won't tell you here! Just join me! Come on everyone!"
No ones going to follow, because nothing interesting to pique anyone's interest was said

#2. Before you start recruiting people, at least settle on some form of tech stack to attract the right people, and might want to do a little homework too.
HTML5 is not an engine, it's a markup language that let's a Layout Engine such as Gecko, Trident, and WebKit, parse it, and do with it what it will. I don't know what Love2d is, but sounds like a game engine to me, but c++ is also not an engine, it's a language that can make engines.
Luckily you don't have to go far,
Unity 3D is a very good, very solid, powerful and stable game engine suited for ALL indie needs, and the latest kit offers post-beta 2D Dev tools. It allows you to write the game with JavaScript, C#, and/or Boo (it's like Python)
Something strictly 2D and still powerful is Torque2D. Pretty easy to work with, multiplatform, and uses it's own powerful scripting language called TorqueScript.
For bare simple pick-up-n-Dev type stuff, check out Gamemaker on steam. The pro edition costs, but it's all drag n drop, and the scripting is all node based (no typing, just drag and drop actions)
And if you are indeed looking for browser based development, I think your looking for tech like Canvas, or even WebGL. Yes it's totally possible to make a game with HTML5, but you have JavaScript calling all the shots, HTML just shows things lol

#3. Figure out your idea, and make it solid.
I may be wrong, but from the sounds of your post, this is your first rodeo.
Do NOT attempt to make anything "big", keep it small and simple until you got some experience under your belt. Why? Because if your not 110% prepared for the hardships of being a game developer, and 125% prepared with the knowledge and understanding in what goes into a game even as rudamentally simple such as Stacker or even Frogger or Pong for that matter, anything big will eventually falter before it even has a hope of being realized.
This is a problem, because yor idea is PROBABLY really good, and it would be a wasted potential if you didn't have he experience and drive to realize that idea to completion, not to mention the crushed hopes and efforts of everyone else you've rolled under the bus with you

I hate to sound harsh, but these details just simply need to be ironed out first!

Signed: Redacted

Recruiting posts go here:

http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds/category/5-hobbyist-projects/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement