• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
invonker

OpenGL Tutorial OpenGL about Paint

This topic is 2144 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I'm newbie about OpenGL, and I try to find out a tutorial openGL about paint. I think it is easy for newbie as me to learning simple things about OpenGL 2D,

So, anyone know tutorial paint or source code paint by OpenGL?

Advertisement

What exactly do you mean by "paint"? Paint is sometimes used in 2D graphics for the color and pattern used for filling the areas, i.e. in so-called vector graphics. Or do you even mean the simulation of pens or brushes and gouache or oil color and such things? Could you clarify please ...

In short: Tutorials for the above are … not existent (to my knowledge). I know of some sites and blogs that has a few articles / posts about vector graphics utilizing OpenGL, and I know of some academic papers about stroke and brush rendering utilizing OpenGL. If it is of interest, I can post them.

However, OpenGL is made for 3D, and that has an impact on how simple 2D in general: It is more difficult. Rendering vector graphics become somewhat even more difficult when line endings, line miter, anti-aliasing and such comes into play. And the simulation of "real" painting is so difficult that it is IMHO absolutely not a beginners playground.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!