Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct3D & doc/view MFC

This topic is 5894 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi to all. I''m traying to integrate Direct3d 8 with the doc/view arquitecture. To doing this i have derived a subclass from CView, so all the DirectX initialization is in the OnCreate method. My problem is when create the device with the method CreateDevice. It returns a driver internal error (not documented in the SDK). I found that the problem is with the style used to create the view window. The only way it works is with the WM_POPUPWINDOW style, but this style creatres a border around the view that allow to resize de view (only the view, not the main frame). If I make the windows style not to make a resize border (with cs.style &= ~WM_THICKFRAM), the call to CreateDevice returns the error above. ¿Anyone know what window styles are supported by DirectX 8 or where I can found information about integrating DirectX with MFC? Tanx! "If you''''re gonna die, die with your boots on"