help! - anyone got a meshsmooth for max 1?

Started by
0 comments, last by theropod 22 years, 5 months ago
im writing games on a very small budget on an old cyrix 233mhz, and i have only 3ds max r1. max 1 has a few limitations that are driving me nuts trying to model reasonably realistic humans, namely the lack of proper NURBS surface support and the lack of meshsmooth, which seems to be used universally. i am trying to make a set of box-modelled human characters and they look hideously polygonized...because they are. all the tutorials that i learnt from have the models built like this and then meshsmooth is run over them to make them look decent. i am wondering if there''s some plugin available for max 1 to add meshsmooth capability. i''ve experimented with things like selecting all faces and tesselating, is this the same thing but messier? it certainly looks smoother...but upps the render times a hundredfold... would really appreciate any help i can get. thanx in advance theropod (Chris Forbes)
Use the WriteCoolGame() function.Works every time.
Advertisement
I don''t know of any way to use meshsmooth in 3ds max 1 and tessellating faces is not the same, as you suspected. Maybe you could apply patches as a skin over your mesh, connect them, and then increase the number of steps for the joined patch.

--
http://www.3dcgi.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement