Advertisement Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JohnstoneJenna

Action Script 3.0 game

This topic is 1867 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys,

I am required to make a simple game using Actionscript 3.0 for an assignment. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of this vault-like game (http://www.kidsmathgamesonline.com/numbers/codegame.html). I have no idea with this kind of thing so am chasing some help/advise on how to create the code. If you are able to give me a few tips I would be very appreciative.

Advertisement

Hi Jenna

Do you have any experience in ActionScript and/or coding ?

Are you asking how to program - ie the logic behind it, or you know how to program in Actionscript and are looking for advice ?

Hi,

I'm on exchange from Australia. And this is an elective they have thrown me into, I have no previous experience. I have very very limited knowledge of action script, only what i've learnt in class this semester. I know how to create a button and a couple of simple things but need help getting started on programming etc?

Programming is a very large and broad subject, and you can't learn everything in a couple of days, it take time. Show us what you've done, where you are stuck, ect... we need more details if you want help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!