• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bluewonder

OpenGL OpenGL ES - set the width, height, depth of an object in 3D

This topic is 2140 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I would like to ask about OPENGL ES android, I want to build a wall with specific width, height, and depth

public void buildingW(float width, float height, float depth)

in order to place into my program, anyone can suggest me the ideas how to do this ?

Is there anyway to build one obj file then read it ? or we can draw it directly?

Thank you very much!

Advertisement

Is there anyway to build one obj file then read it ?

Yes, there is.

or we can draw it directly?

Yes, you can.

There is no point in building new obj file. You can draw it dirrectly.

But I don't understand what do you exactly want to do? Why does the method only take width, height and depth? Don't you need to specify the coordinates at which the wall will be build? As I understand this would be 3D wall because of the depth component. So it should be as simple as drawing a scaled cuboid.

You do know how to draw a cube right? If you do, then we have no problem.

Could you give me a little more details on what exactly is your problem? Do you use OpenGL ES 2.0, or 1.X? How have you implemented your rendering system?

Sorry for being not very helpful.

Edited by _greyfox()

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!