Using NVIDIA Nsight with SharpDX

Started by
3 comments, last by KaiRohmer 10 years, 3 months ago

Sorry to bother you with a lot SharpDX questions but since their forum is closed this seems to be the place to find the people ;)

Is anybody using Nsight with SharpDX? I'm not able to get it running. .even for SDK samples.

I read that managed code is not officially supported, but SharpDX is just a wrapper. The GPU calls are quite the same.

So please let me know if you've made other experience ;)

Thanks

- Kai

Advertisement

I haven't used NSight with SharpDX, but I've gotten it to work with SlimDX. I've switched machines since then, so I don't recall the exact steps that were required, but I remember that there were a few hoops to jump through. Again, I don't recall the exact combination, but I think I had to enable native code debugging in VS, and maybe run VS as an administrator.

I ended up just going back to the VS graphics debugger in the end.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

We are using it at work and afaik it is working fine. Make sure that you are running the app in x86 mode, with d3d11 and latest compatible NVidia driver. Also make sure the device is instantiated in 11.0 and not level 9.x.[Edit] Just did a test at home with latest version and it is working well. You need to set x86 as AnyCpu on a 64bit system will not work with NSight (don't think NSight is able to debug 64bits apps)

Sorry it took me a while to look into this again..

i checked all your points.. now it works! thanks!

for those who are interested in the future: select x86 in the build settings and remove the Debug flag during the creation of your device.

Seems that i ran into the next problem..

I'm working with WPF Hosts to get XAML based UI

now nsight shows the directx 9 calls that are used to render ui elements and the only thing i get of my call is the draw of the shared "backbuffer".

any idea how to address that?

because of the host i don't have a present call. So think there is no chance for nsight to identify frames ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement